Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thirsty for more, Thursday... By: Zayle

This has been the longest, yet most interesting week thus far (& as you can tell, I'm still loving my hair). I have been dragging this week, I guess Saturday wore me out. I went to bed around 7:30 on Monday and still couldn't wake up in time for my morning boot camp session on Tuesday morning. I ended up going to the afternoon session instead. I took yesterday off from work, to clean out one of my closets for Seth (he's moving in this weekend!), and to hopefully catch up on rest. I actually got up for boot camp (since I knew I'd get a nap) yesterday, came home and watched a few episodes of my new Netflix favorite--Wentworth, and went to sleep for a good three hours. When I woke, things got interesting. All thoughts of cleaning out my clothes, went out the window when I woke up from a text from my crazy mom. My mom, who when I first got Sophia, thought, because I once was allergic to cats, I needed to get rid of her; she also thought there was no way I could afford a cat--BUT, she and my dad felt bad for Sophia and thought she needed a friend...and that's what she got. The first text read--"Do you have any girl cat names picked out?" Then I received the picture below and another text--"her name is Lucille, she'll go by Lucy, you'll need to pick her up from the vet".
WHAT?! I was so excited! She looked precious in the pic and I couldn't wait to get her. It was all so perfect...until I brought her home. Lucy is tiny, she's 3 pounds...and Sophia is 9 (the vet said girlfriend needs to go on a diet)...anyway we walk into the house, and that's when the war began. Both cats immediately started hissing at each other. I thought they'd meet and become instant friends, or Sophia would take over the mommy role. This was not the case at all. Having no experience with cats before, I've always had dogs, I took to google.  I read to keep the cats separated for a while and eventually they would feel more comfortable around each other. Lucy now has a kennel she stays in when she's out and about with Sophia and me. If she's not in the kennel, I've made her a comfortable place in my spare bedroom, with a litter box (which she's already mastered), food, water and toys. Seth will be over tonight and we're going to try and have them out together, by holding both of them. I'm not sure what to do, to help with the animosity. Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment