Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Change in Plans By: ZayleDawn

One of the main reasons for starting this blog, was so that Cort and I could blog about our life, but to also make sure that we stay committed to our workout and 'eating right' plans. My diet, was a very strict carb-cycling plan. I was incredibly excited to start it and worked very hard doing it...but that came to a stop on Tuesday night. I came home and collapsed on the couch, my energy was zilch...and that's how it has been since I've started carb-cycling. I thought my energy was bad before carb-cycling, but I was still reaching my 10,000 step goal by 4 p.m. everyday and was still able to push myself when I worked out. I've noticed these last few weeks, that my steps have slowly been dropping. I struggle to even get 6,000 in a day, my workout performance has decreased dramatically and I'm in a constant terrible mood. I know changing up your diet can be hard, and figured, that once my body got used to carb-cycling, I would start feeling better. However, the opposite happened, I've only been feeling worse. I somehow managed to get myself off the couch on Tuesday to try and  workout, but I started seeing spots and felt like I was going to pass out any minute...I threw in the towel and chowed down on some cereal...mmmm....
I refuse to be miserable, and carb-cycling may be right for some people, but it isn't right for me. I knew I still wanted to be healthy and thought back on when I felt the best--that's when I was using my Herbalife shakes...I sell them and have them stocked up everywhere--why did I quit in the first place? I call it--getting into a serious relationship, eating a lot of fast food, and becoming incredibly lazy! So back to Herbalife I go! They are so delicious and so easy! Plus I don't have to deal with all that meal prepping and all those extra containers in my sink. (Remember, I'm lazy)...I started yesterday and FINALLY, I've gotten back into the groove of things. My spirits were already higher and I actually had energy. I'm still feeling amazing today and look forward to my next shake. They literally taste like cake batter to me, and hey I'm all about the sweets.
ANOTHER new change, is in my workout plan. Somebody finally decided they wanted to be healthy with me...Seth is actually wanting to work out ...(gasp!)...He wasn't about to do turbofire with me, so he and I began Insanity on Tuesday! I love my man for taking on eating healthy (instead of his normal spaghetti o's) and working out with me...it makes things so much easier for me and a lot more fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment