Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chinese Take-In By: Zayle

It has been a crazy week thus far, so before I post all of my Valentine's Day fun, I wanted to post a quick recipe. After Insanity the other night, Seth and I were starved; I was jonesing for some Chinese, but wanted to be healthy. I decided on making an at home version of lettuce wraps. I don't have much as far as ingredients go, so I grabbed what I had on hand and made it work.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground turkey meat
  • coconut oil
  • honey
  • teriyaki sauce
  • garlic
  • garlic powder
  • low-sodium soy sauce
  • bibb lettuce
Start out with one tablespoon of coconut oil, let it melt then add in 1 teaspoon of garlic (I have the pre-chopped kind). Once the garlic cooks a bit, add in the thawed ground turkey. Season with 1 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce, garlic powder or garlic salt (to your liking), and salt and pepper. I had some left over oil once it was all cooked--drain it and serve. I drizzled another tablespoon of teriyaki sauce over the cooked meat. 
It was delicious and hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment