Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Meal Plan, Working~Out, and Waist-Training, By: Zayle

After teasing you guys, it's finally time for me to let you into my world of all things fitness. I have on several occasions been a great "worker-outer" and then I'll fall on the wayside. I would do so good for a while, miss a few days and quit working out for a month or two...this last time, however, I quit for a little too long! I'd say I went without working out for a good year or two. AND I probably would still not be working out, if I didn't start feeling so awful all the time. My energy was so low, all I wanted to do was sleep (not saying it's still not one of my favorite things to do), but getting up and walking from place to place became a struggle. I'm only 27...this was obviously a problem. I decided it was time for a change, and knowing that I could never start working out with one of my millions of beachbody dvds (not saying I don't love them, I just knew in the beginning I would need that extra push); I decided to join a bootcamp, "Diva's Bootcamp" to be precise, here in the small town I live. I have to be there by 5...which is HARD--I'm usually always late--but I'm there, and if I'm not I get a friendly wake up text from the instructor. I started out going three days a week to bootcamp and not really changing the way I ate, but I still saw results! I lost 3 lbs. and a ton of inches. This got me really motivated! I now go 5 days a week, and even, have just began to be able to push myself to do a little cardio, with Turbo Fire (one of the millions of beachbody dvds). 

As for what bootcamp consists of, it's a mix of heavy lifting and full body workouts. The workouts change daily and keep me on my toes. Everyday there's a new part of my body that's sore and it feels GOOD. I am beginning to get into amazing shape, accomplishing things I've never been able to--like running nonstop for up to 30 minutes...which ok you marathoners, I know this isn't an astronomical feat, but to me it is! I have gotten so much stronger and my body is changing all the time. I finally am getting to the point where I like the way I look out of clothes, where before, since I was "skinny fat", I really only looked good IN them.

It wasn't until a few weeks ago, well after I was proposed to, that I thought I should probably eat better. I'm going to be on the beach 24/7 and I want to be a hot wife! So looking on instagram I found vadim_Miami...I inquired about his carb cycling eating plan and it seemed legit! Seeing the results on his page, and knowing I would get carbs and even a cheat meal planned in--I was sold!!! As you know, I just started the plan this week, and I'm already seeing results. Although, I will admit, it has been hard for my body to adjust to. The low carb days have been the hardest, but the medium carb day I had yesterday, came just in time. I may have given up if I didn't have it sooner. I know once my body has detoxed all of the nastiness I have consumed, I will be feeling amazing! I eat 6-7 meals a day...usually 2 of them being protein shakes, I'm not the biggest fan of meat--unless of course, it's a big juicy steak, or hamburger. Below is a look of what a Low Carb day looks for me...and yes there's coffee, it's not on my plan BUT it's my favorite and I have to allow myself a few things. AND, don't mind Sophia, she was being a camera hog and needed her picture taken too. 

Another thing I have been into lately, is waist training, I've always been straight up and down and I want a shape! Now I know that there are extremes, and that these are not healthy--I'm not looking to go that far with myself. I ordered my waist trainer from, dream girl curves, and at first it was awful! I could only wear it a few hours a day, but now I wear it all day long--it helps my posture, helps me feel full faster and hopefully is helping me get those curves I want. I'll know next week exactly the results I have had with it, when we have our bootcamp weigh-ins. My last waist measurement was 25 inches.

Now, if I may make a suggestion, invest in some sort of accessory, like a FitBit. I am obsessed with getting my steps in and making sure I get close to the number of calories I need to burn a day. Even my students love it, they question me all the time--"how many steps have you walked Ms. Griffin?!" Plus it's super fun to have competitions with Cortney, like the weekend warrior, or workweek hustle--it definitely pushes you a little harder!


3 days until my cheat day!

No comments:

Post a Comment