Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Very "Fit" Spring Break with Zay

It's Spring Break! The nice thing about working in education is that you get all the breaks, which is always much needed for the students and the teachers. The sad thing is, I'm still having to do my grad school work this week, my college Spring Break is next week. So since Seth and I are stuck in town, we decided to have a "Fit Break". If you read Taralynn McNitt's blog, Simply Taralynn, you know that she had a Fit Trip to the Dominican Republic--this is what inspired me to make my Spring Break, all about fitness. Saturday started off the Fit Break, because all of the snow/ice days we've had, we had a makeup day at Bootcamp, Saturday morning. The work out was called a 'hat trick'. We drew out our workouts from a cap. The workouts I pulled were: 50 ab rollers, 75 sit-ups touching toes, 100 reading the newspapers, 4 sets ballerina lunges with a 5 lb. weight, running 4 minutes and 50 burpees, 100 donkey kicks each leg, and 75 Mary Katherine's. After Bootcamp I headed to my parent's house for a little Tracy Anderson and cardio on the treadmill. My dog, Isabella, wanted to workout too (but obviously didn't feel like posing for the camera). I ended up getting in a little over 12,000 steps before lunch time. That never happens on the weekends!
On Sunday, we had my little niece, I was worried it would put a damper on our Fit Break, but this little girl was a trooper. We started off Sunday with church and lunch with my parents, afterwards we decided to go for a hike at the state park. After finishing the first trail, my niece was ready to keep going, so we found another trail and ended up hiking for three hours. Needless to say, girlfriend was exhausted and fell asleep immediately once we got into the car. It was another weekend day of getting over 10,000 steps...I think my fitbit is probably wondering what's going on.
The last two days, Monday & Tuesday, I've gone to bootcamp and have walked on the treadmill. They haven't been as "fittastic" as the weekend was. I blame it on the endless appointments I've had, from passport appointments to doctor's appointments. Today however, is another bootcamp, treadmill, and hiking day. We're trying out a trail I've never been on that's really close to my apartment. Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment