Friday, March 13, 2015

A New Trail and Engagement Photos, by Zayle

Let's start with the engagement photos, then back track to the new trail, because I'm so completely obsessed with the pictures. Seth and I just had our engagement pictures taken yesterday, but the photographer (Danielle Jones, Snapshots of a Memory By Danielle) went ahead and posted some sneak peeks. We took the pictures in downtown Fort Worth, in Sundance Square. I was so torn over what outfit to wear, but am so glad with the outfit I chose. The colors worked perfectly for the picture. Both the tulle skirt and the black crop top are from Windsor, the shoes are Jessica Simpson--which are the most comfortable shoes ever--thank goodness, because we did a lot of walking to find just the right locations for the shots. Here are the two sneak peeks, I'll share more once I get them all in!
Wednesday morning I woke up early, at 6:30, and did a 30 minute walk/jog on the treadmill and had breakfast before heading off to bootcamp. We did arms, and man was the workout a killer. I'm still incredibly sore. As for the new trail, we opted for a free trail on Wednesday, but the area isn't the best (as far as crime goes). We were a little worried, I've heard that a lot of 'drug deals' go down on this trail, but it was 9:30 in the morning so I figured we would be ok. The trail was short, but beautiful, and had a great steep grade on the way up. We didn't run into any drug dealers either, just another couple out and about getting in their exercise. To make the trail longer we took a couple of extra trips and then finished by running back to the car. We think that we could get to the trail from our apartment, we're going to try and figure it out at some point.
Yesterday my alarm went off for bootcamp and my body hurt so bad, that I knew I needed to listen to it. I took the day off, it was a much needed rest. This morning I went to bootcamp where we did a lot of Tabata exercises, if you haven't done this type of workout you should! It is fast paced and makes the time go by so quickly. Now that bootcamp is done, we are ready for our hike. Today we are walking on 'Rails to Trails', it's a trailway that hooks our town, Mineral Wells, to the next town over, Weatherford. There's over 20 miles on this trail, we're going to hopefully do around 5 miles this morning. The trail we'll be taking, cuts through the State Park (where we hiked the other day), I've heard that it's beautiful--I will definitely take pictures, and let you guys know.

No comments:

Post a Comment